Ten reasons to hire a professional makeup artist for your wedding day!
March 17, 2016
You do a great job on your everyday makeup, but it’s not everyday you get married. The day is special and your hair and makeup should be too. Hiring a professional makeup artist doesn’t mean you won’t look like you, it means you will look like a more polished perfect wedding day you!
I sat down with Dhalia Edwards to ask her ten question on the importance to hire a professional makeup artist.
1. What’s the importance of hiring a professional makeup artist for the big day?
Every bride deserves to be pampered on her special day. Your face should be picture perfect and hiring a great artist can help you with that so you're camera ready. Don't rely on your sister, bridesmaid, aunt...whomever. They want to relax and enjoy your special day just as you. Plus we as professionals have the right type of makeup you need.
2. What kinds/brands of products do you use? Is this makeup good for pictures or photographer?
Dhalia Edwards and team like to use three of the most prestigious brands in the industry; Makeup Forever, NARS and MAC cosmetics. All of these brands are perfect and highly pigmented for the cameras. We really love Makeup Forever and their Ultra High Definition products.
3. How do I keep my makeup fresh for the whole day?
Toning your skin prior to primer application and using a great primer help to keep your makeup looking fresh. If you have oily skin like myself it's always great to have your powder compact on hand for quick blotting if needed.
4. What size of bridal party do you accommodate? How long will it take to get makeup for my bridal party of 6?
We accommodate any size even if we need to bring an assistant along. For a bridal party of 6 I can get them done in 3.5 hours on my own.
5. What methods of payment do you accept?
We're pretty open with forms of payment--Cash, Check, Credit Card, Paypal or CASH/Venmo app
6. If I change my mind about my bridal beauty look, is there a charge for re-trail?
Yes, we understand you may have came across new looks and ideas for you special day and trust me I want you to be happy but you have to consider our time and travel so yes I charge for re-trials. However, please keep in mind that trials aren't mandatory, you can simply show me an image, view my past work history and trust that I'll deliver on your day. I've had plenty of brides do this.
7. How do I book you for my wedding day? Do you require a deposit? What about a contract?
Once you inquire on our services and availability with me or one of my artists and when/if you're ready to book us then I'll send you a contract. Dates are not held unless a contract and deposit are on file. We're on a first come first serve basis.
8. What is your background? Where did you learn to apply makeup?
I've always been into makeup since my high school days. I used to work at Walgreens in the cosmetics department and that's where I fell in love and spent all of my little check lol. Since then I took a few classes here and there but I'm pretty much all self taught.
9. Do you have a website or a blog where I can see your work?